Chicken Tortilla Soup {recipe}

This is one of the one of my favorite recipes.  It's SO easy and uber yummy!!!


Chicken Tortilla Soup


Ingredients
2 tbsp. Butter
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1 cup onion chopped
3 15 oz. cans of chicken broth
1 3/4 cup thick and chunky salsa, mild
1 cup frozen corn
1 can black beans, about 75% drained
3 chicken breasts, cooked an shredded (I've cooked my own chicken and have purchased the rotisserie chickens from the grocery store ~ both work fabulously)
Tortilla chips or strips (optional)
Garnishes for topping: shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream, avocado, lime juice 

Directions
Melt butter in large skillet/saucepan. Add green pepper and onion. Simmer until tender. Stir in broth, corn, salsa and beans. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken, heat through, and serve with tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips. Top with garnishes of your choice.

I know this is a little funny since this is a recipe for Chicken Tortilla Soup but I actually don't put the chips in my serving...I add the shredded cheese and a dollup of sour cream.

Yummy in my tummy!!!