Poppy, a modified Lily Sugar&Cream doll

Poppy, a crochet doll based on the Lily Sugar&Cream free doll pattern.  I used Vanna's Choice for her body, and wool single ply yarn to embroider her short hair; reminiscent of a young Audrey Hepburn :-)

Leg joint technique is courtesy Dutzie, and she (the doll) also has a move-able head.  You can find tutorials for  both these techniques on the left sidebar of this blog, under "Tutorials by Joyce," and 'Tutorials."

I didn't like the directions for the jacket in the Sugar&Cream instructions, so I made up one as I went along.  And, I knit her a sleeveless blouse, instead of crocheting the blouse on her; I've always loved dolls with remove-able clothes :-)

This is a great basic pattern to make as is, or to modify with your own special techniques.  Enjoy the day, and enjoy the crochet!