Knitted dolls by Fiona McDonald

Fiona McDonald's knit dolls are one of the two reasons I wanted to learn to knit!  A year ago, I posted about Fiona's book 'Babes in the Wool,'  (see the post here).   I fell in love with her dolls, especially the way she does the faces.  Now I have finally made one of her designs, from the book 'Knitted Fairies.'

And, even though I used the wrong yarn (sportweight instead of worsted), he turned out pretty cute.  I left off the wings, so he is actually an Elf, but he's happy that way :-)

Fiona has three book on knitted dolls, each filled with ideas for dolls that will make your head spin.  The knitting is simple, and the results are amazing.

She also has a blog; check it out!

And finally, I am fortunate to own one of Fiona's original dolls, crafted by herself.  This doll is even more gorgeous in person.