Haute Couture Choices Spring 2012

Chanel

It's about time we reviewed the haute couture collections for spring 2012. Starting I have to say that I was very impressed by Elie Saab this time. But let's take it from the beginning.

Chanel
The first show I saw was Chanel. I randomly checked out the video and I was speechless. The runway was amazing. Everyone was sitted in a place looking like a spaceship and when the music started it was like you were watching Star Wars. And then all those shades of blue came out on maxi and mini dresses and it was wonderful. Lovely feminine dresses and suits took us a trip straight to the sky.


Dior
Look at these Dior dresses and tell me. Still reminding you of Galiano? Well yes. It's obvious. And for some this might seem like a big con but for me it really didn't matter. Of course the designer shouldn't play it that safe and do something more innovative, put his character in this collection but this doesn't make the clothing bad. In fact I liked it a lot!

Dior

Dior

Dior

Especially the nude ones are so dreamy and I believe we'll see most of them on red carpets.


Jean Paul Gaultier
I am not a big fan of Gaultier, not because I find his clothing not good but because they don't seem to match my style at all. But this time his collection caught my eye because of its theme. It was a tribute to Amy Winehouse. Ok, but how can you put Amy's 50's, kinda pin up style in an haute couture show? Well Jean Paul did it but for me the result was just ok. I have to mention my surprise when I realized that one of his models was greek, her name is Dorothea Mercouri (she's the girl with the yellow top and blue skirt right below on the pic).

Jean Paul Gaultier
By the way the models in the last two pictures look so much like Winehouse, it's incredible!


Valentino

Valentino is one of my favourite italian brands particularly when it comes to haute couture shows. I just love it so this means that I can't be objective haha! But I will be. This collection screams SPRING. Flowery patterns and flowing maxies along with white dresses and a lot of lace and organza gave us the necessary dose of romance.

Valentino

Valentino

Don't you just adore the last dress??? It has the air of a different era. Admit it I was objective.. :p


Elie Saab

I don't think I even have to point that it's Elie Saab, his creations are so characteristic that you instantly recognize them. Boring??? Not at all! It was marvelous. The fabrics, the colours (unbelievable pastels) the extreme use of light and lace made this show FANTASTIC!

Elie Saab

Elie Saab

Elie Saab

Elie Saab

It's like candy in clothing. So wonderful! I'm sure we'll see so many of them wore in red carpets as usual. For me it's the best of spring 2012.

What about you??? What do you think about them???
Tell me everything!

Fashionably yours,

Despina