Mod Podging with Glitter {how to / tutorial}

 Ever wonder how 'they' got glitter to stick to wood?
You know who 'they' are!  

 {Disclaimer ~ I am a UTES fan...this Y is for a friend}

There's a trick to this one...kind of like my Glitter Ornaments!


Can you guess what the trick is?
Yup...it's the Clear Acrylic Coating Spray


It's the same stuff I used to seal my Stamped Tile Coasters.


1 ~ Spread Mod Podge over your wood.  Don't be stingy!

Note ~ I always paint my piece first.




2 ~ Pour glitter over Mod Podge.  Again, don't be stingy!  

Note ~ Be sure to do this over wax paper so you can save the excess.




3 ~ Let sit for about 15 minutes and then dip sideways to get rid of excess glitter.




4 ~ Spray Krylon UV-Resistant Clear Acrylic Coating over entire piece.  Note ~ You should do this outside or in a well ventilated area.  It's strong stuff!

YOU WILL GET A DULL LOOK IF 1} YOU USE TOO MUCH OF THIS STUFF AND 2} IF YOU SPRAY TOO CLOSE TO THE GLITTER!  USE SPARINGLY AND SPRAY FROM OVER TWO FEET AWAY!



 
And there you have it...beautiful glitter that won't fall off!!!