Finishing the Christmas list

I had to take a break from the knitting and dollmaking to finish up a couple of items left on my Christmas list.  I don't know about you, but it has been a couple of decades since I shopped on 'Black' Friday, the Friday after Thanksgiving.

The plum colored cowl is from the Jan/Feb 2011 issue of Crochet Today, made up in Stitch Nation Bamboo Ewe.  It was lovely yarn to work with, and has a wonderful drape.  You can wear it with the buttons in front, or in back.  Looks great either way.

The bolero is a pattern I've had for ages, published in 2001 by the American School of Needlework.  It is worked in Lionbrand Homespun, which is NOT my favorite yarn to work with.  However, it made up beautifully.   This is the second time I've made this bolero; an easy pattern with a neat 'cable' look border accomplished with front post double crochet stitches.

Maybe we should start a new trend, called 'White' Friday, and spend the day making something as a gift for friend or family for Christmas :-)

Have a heartfelt and blessed Thanksgiving, my friends!

Charlie, helping to oversee the photo shoot :-)