Spray Painting Furniture & Hardware {how to}

As I was perusing KSL Classifieds yesterday I came across this:


For $17!!!  
You know I had to have it right?!?
Even with the missing drawer pull...

So I picked it up {10 minutes from my house} and brought it home.
Boo~Bear was due home late last night and I didn't want him to see how ugly this was 
{it was a little more beat up than I had hoped}
so I got to work...IMMEDIATELY!

Rather than painting with a brush like I did with my dressers...
I took Mandi's advice and tried the spray paint method!

First I had to wipe off all the grossness...and let me just say...
GROSS!!!
then I pulled out the primer...


which didn't hurt the pocket book at all 'cuz' I had some leftover primer from another project!

I enrolled the help of Twelve Gauge...


Should I worry that he spray painted with immense enthusiasm?!?

And then went to town with my 6 cans of Krylon black!

End result...


Oh ya...forgot to mention that the lost drawer pull was hiding in the drawer {SCORE}!



What do y'all think?
Worth $17 + some paint?