Minnesota Hot Dish

by Cheri of From Out of the Cracks

Today's tasty recipe and lovely story comes from Corrin Kaluza of Athena's Little Owl.

Corrin says, "This is a recipe I have known and loved for as long as I can remember, thanks to my grandma, Virginia Hoffman. Whenever we head to her house for holidays, birthdays, or just for an impromptu gathering, I'm always secretly hoping that her "beef tips and noodles" are on the menu. To me, this recipe embodies tradition, family, and warmth. It is comes from the kitchen of her late sister, and my great-aunt, Doris. When I asked my grandma for the recipe and for any background on it, I could tell just thinking of it brought back memories of Doris. So, in a way, making this dish keeps Doris close to my grandma's heart. Enjoy this hearty, but not heavy, dish anytime of the year. It is can easily be adjusted to feed varying amounts of people, just keep the proportions the same."


Beef Tips and Noodles
1 round steak (a large steak; 2-3 lbs)
1 can tomato soup
1 can beef consomme
1 can French onion soup
1 package egg noodles (or more, if needed)

-Cut meat into 1" pieces
-Mix 3 soups together (do not dilute) and pour over meat in an roasting pan or baking dish with higher sides.
-Bake in a 325 degree oven for 2-3 hours, until meat is "fall apart" tender :)
-When the meat is almost done, prepare egg noodles according to package directions
-serve by spooning meat and sauce over cooked egg noodles.
-Enjoy!