Eight Questions with...Trish Watzke


Meet Trish Watzke of Elk River, MN. Elk River is about 40 miles north of the Twin Cities. Trish has been married for 21 years and is raising two teenagers, a daughter who is 18 and a son who is 16. She also works as a Business Office Manager. You can find Trish at her Etsy store, Trish's Beads & Bangles, or her blog of the same name.

1. What types of items do you sell in your store?

Handmade custom jewelry. I work mainly with Copper, Sterling Silver, and Nickel.
2. Where do you get your inspiration?

Nature, textures and looking at all the beautiful stuff on Etsy and searching the web.

3. Do you have a specific space where you do most of your work?

I have a makeshift studio set up in my basement next to the washer and dryer, kinda crowded but its mine. I love going down there and sitting at my table to work and create...I have come along way from just creating at my kitchen table, it is really nice not to have to pack up to have the family eat supper.
4. When did you first start crafting?

I have always been a crafty person, when I was in high school I enjoyed drawing, and sewing. I have been making jewelry since 2003.

5. Do you do any crafts or art beyond what you sell?

No, now I am just strictly jewelry. My husband is a rock hound, so I do help him hunt for agates and will soon be featuring some in my jewelry.
6. What are your favorite places to buy supplies?

Well of course, the local bead store is the most handy, Garden of Beads in Anoka, MN, and Storm Cloud Trading in St. Paul, MN. I also purchase a lot on the web, Rio Grande, Fire Mountain Gems etc.

7. What is the best thing you've ever done to promote your etsy store?

Well so far I only have one sale, so this is for sure a work in progress. Just trying to get my name out there. I am enjoying Twitter, I have over 70 followers.
8. What other etsy store(s) do you really like?

Well, I love lulubugjewelry's etsy store, she is very creative.