Mini Bed Doll

When I designed the Mini Free Spirit doll, I really hoped that she could easily wear the outfits that have been designed for the Fibre Craft 'Cindy' doll. I have a few of these patterns, some which are still in print, like the one above.




Here, Sarah is wearing a lovely 'bed doll' style dress crocheted from size 10 crochet cotton. The only alterations I needed to make to this pattern were: a size 5 steel hook (instead of 7) for the bodice and bonnet, and I added two additional rows to the bonnet.







Showing off her ruffled petticoat :-) The petticoat was crocheted with size 3 crochet cotton, instead of the recommended acrylic sportweight. I also took a little fullness out of it; a personal taste decision, plus I didn't want to spend more than a day crocheting it.






Next I plan to make a full size Free Spirit and try a couple of bed doll patterns, like Joyce did! I have an American Indian doll in mind for starters.


Enjoy the crochet!