Outfit Post-Russell Athletic


If you are an old follower and reader of my blog you must know that my outfits have nothing to do with sporty or athletic style.
But there are times during our casual days that we need more than a simple casual look.
We seek comfortness at its best and this is when athletic apparel comes to my life.
Naturally, this is the kind of style I choose for the gym and running but I also love being cosy and loose when I stay home and chill.
This lovely turquoise top came to me in courtesy of Russell Athletic.
The colour is just perfect for me not to mention the amazing quality of the t-shirt.
Beautiful isn't it????


wearing:
jeans: Levi's
shoes: All Star Converse
Sunglasses: Asos

But let's talk more about Russell Athletic.
It's a company with a great history through the century.
It was founded in 1902 by Benjamin Russell and though it started out with women's underwear and children's undergarment later on athletic garments were added to the production until they became the brands main products.


At first their athletic apparel was produced for the american Army and Navy but then Benjamin Russell Jr, son of the company's founder, undertook Russell, renamed it and expanded it.
The american eagle became the brand's logo and the expansion begun along with the production of the sports uniforms.
Today Russell celebrates over 100 years in business.


The brand's current collection is the best I have seen lately. 
I was so impressed when I browsed Russell Athletic's lookbook for SS 2013.
Check out some of the looks I share with you today.