DIY Mummy Costume

DIY Mummy Costume 
Some of you will remember this from last year.
This is a repost as my original tutorial was somehow removed!


Scary eh?!?

DIVA wanted to be a MUMMY...this MUMMY to be exact...


But there was no way I was going to pay close to $75 for a child's costume!

So, I bought some cheesecloth and some white twin sheets {on clearance}...
had the tights and turtleneck already...
and I dyed them with black tea {tutorial for that HERE}!


Now they look OLD!!!  Well...sorta! 

I also bought some light tan tulle!

Now here comes the most time consuming part....cut the sheets {us the snip & tear method}, the cheesecloth and the tulle into 3 inch strips.


And make yourself a MUMMY TUTU!
I followed my tutu tutorial!  You can find that HERE!


I then hand stitched strips onto the front of the turtleneck.
{ONLY THE FRONT! Or the shirt will have no stretch!}


Tie some strips around a messy hairdo...add a strip scarf and some black boots
and she's officially MUMMIFIED!

.

and she LOVES IT!!!


Now, every girl needs a matching handbag...even a mummy!!!


.

Stay tuned for DIVA's 2012 costume... 
my version of it anyways!