Making My Porch Perty...

Do you have a Perty Porch?

Source
Well, I didn't!  
Let me take that back...it wasn't necessarily ugly...just nothing special about it!


Except for maybe my cute bunny...

Well, it just so happens that Better Homes & Gardens featured an article called
the exact same day I was pondering sprucing up my entrance a little...

"Give your front porch a personality. Consider architecturally 
appropriate brackets, spandrels, and corbels, too. 
And don't forget to check out your porch ceiling; perhaps 
new beaded board is in order. Add a ceiling fan for an 
extra measure of timeless ambiance." www.bhg.com

I also found an article titled Make a Better First Impression
"Make your home's front entrance an inviting focal point: 
Add a few well-chosen and nicely arranged container plants 
on either side of the front door or near the entry. 
Vary the plant and container sizes and arrange 
containers on multiple levels." www.bhg.com

Source
Okay...Step 1: Give my porch some personality and make a better first impression!

By adding some simple potted plants...

 
I think I did just that!


I found the pots at Lowe's for $29.97 each!

 

A little spendy but the color and texture goes with my house amazingly!

I added some 'yard art' I already had...

So...it's a start, right?!?

My next steps will be to change this...

{why they chose this one for the front porch is beyond me}

to a fixture that matches the lights on the front of my house...


as suggested here!

Simple, somewhat inexpensive and the start to a beautiful patio...