Getting to Know You: Dragonfly Adornments

By Anna from Seedling Design


This is a chance to get to know some of the members of HandmadeMN and a little bit more about what they make and do in their own words.

Today we are getting to know Mara Olden from Dragonfly Adornments who lives in Coon Rapids.




What do you make and why? I make jewelry with natural gemstones. I think natural things are most beautiful. I fuse glass because I am fascinated by anything that is glass. I started creating my own pieces because I wanted to make my own beads and accessories.

Where do you do your making? I have a studio in my home. It is very small and I can only work on one type of project at a time.


What is your favorite part of the process or a favorite tool? My favorite tool is my kiln.

What do you listen to or watch while you are working? I have a television in my studio. I love listening to talk shows. I also enjoy listening to Click and Clack from Car Talk Radio.



Tell us something else we don't know. I dream about mining for gems.