DIY Glitter Ornaments {tutorial}

I'm finally going to share with you something you got a little sneaky peaky of a while back...

How to make Glitter Ornaments!!!


Ya ready for the full shebang?  Why of course you are...


LOVE EM'

These were SO easy to make...SO EASY!!!

All you need is:


Clear ornaments and glitter
{take it from me...buy the clear glass ornaments, not the translucent ornaments}

and...now this is KEY...

pledge

PLEDGE Floor Care Finish with FUTURE SHINE

There is something with this cleaner that makes the glitter stick and hold!!!

Step 1...this is the easiest part {teehee}...remove top of ornament!


Remember that tip about NOT buying translucent ornaments?  
As you can see...I had to learn that the hard way!

Step 2...Pour some PLEDGE in your ornament.  You don't need a lot.


Step 3...Cover the opening of the ornament with a plastic bag or plastic wrap, press finger down to close the top and SWISH the liquid around so that it touches every spot of the ornament.

DO NOT SHAKE THE LIQUID!!!!
THIS WILL CREATE BUBBLES AND WILL NOT COAT THE ORNAMENT PROPERLY.

Step 4...Empty ornament back into your PLEDGE bottle.

Step 5...Take a horrible picture of the glitter that you just poured into the ornament.


Step 6...Cover opening with the same plastic bag or saran wrap that you used with the cleaner, press finger down to seal the opening and 
SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE...SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE...SHAKE YOUR BOOTY...
wait, I mean SHAKE YOUR ORNAMENT!!!


Step 7...Replace top and decorate as you see fit.

{yes I see the bubbles/creases in the vinyl...and yes, I smoothed them out}

Repeat steps with other ornaments.  I obviously did all the glitterfying before the decorating!!!
And yes, glitterfying IS most definitely a word...in My World!


When decorating you can use whatever you want.  I used a combination of vinyl cut from my Cricut and Halloween stickers and a lot of ribbon.  I found the cute little tree at Hobby Lobby for 40% in their Christmas section...PERFECT!!!

{I already had the little BOO ornament from years ago...}

So...there you have it.  My Halloween Glitter Ornaments!


Now...on to all the Christmas ornaments I plan on making!!!

Oh ya...
I found this tute on applying the glitter in this video way back when
{I love listening to the little girl explain how to make them}