Can you say SUCKA?!?

Let me set the scene...

I'm standing at the sink, doing dishes, when Boo~Bear comes in and says
"We have to move the furniture out of the living room...
this guy is going to clean our carpets for free!"
I dry my hands and follow him into the living room where he is already pushing one of my couches around.  I proceed to ask him who, what company, and why he was trusting them to come into our home.  Oh, and BTW, he didn't know the answer to the who or the what company question?
He just noted that the guy looked okay and it was free so what harm could it do?!?
We get the furniture moved out and I vacuum the floor.
Just as I was unplugging my handy dandy Bissell there is a knock on the door and what do I see?
A young man, nicely dressed, with gauged ears and tattoos.
For some, this may have thrown some red flags, but not for me.
As many of you know, I don't have a problem with people expressing themselves through artistic additions to their body...heck, Boo~Bear and I both have tattoos.
He looked clean cut enough for me.
I told him he could proceed at which time he headed to his van and
pulled out a box...two boxes to be exact...


I knew instantly what was going to happen!
My husband, however, had NO CLUE!
Because if he had, he would have turned this kid away the moment he said the word Kirby
{not because of the product, but because of the price}!
I knew what I was in for because my grandmother had two Kirby's, my aunts have Kirby's, my cousin has a Kirby from the early 1970's, my other grandmother has a Kirby...and my mom wants a Kirby {real bad}!  So...needless to say...I was excited but I pretty much knew that Boo~ Bear would say
NO WAY to this kind of a purchase!  

As the young man was setting up he noted that he only got credit for the demo if both me and my husband watched.  I knew this would irritate Boo~Bear and he was busy in the garage with ATV stuff...stuff that was much more fun than watching some kid clean his carpets!
But he obliged {isn't Boo~Bear sweet?}...

The kid is cute, witty, young and very enthusiastic...and funny.
All qualities Boo~Bear relates too {well, except for maybe the young part...bahahahaaaa}.
He instantly has our attention when he vacuums a very small section of my carpet
and pulls out this white pad...well, what used to be a white pad!
Now, I didn't take pictures because, well, it was pure NASTY!

Remember...I live in a rental...
the carpet is 6 years old...and has probably never been really deep cleaned before...
and I have two very large pups!
I started gagging...Boo~Bear had to look away!
It was...
HORRIBLE!!!
Two hours later...30 black pads covered in filth later...several dry heaves later...lots of GROSSES later...
I am the proud owner of the
Kirby Sentria
{and no, we didn't pay full price...negotiated our rear ends off}


So not only am I {and Boo~Bear} a SUCKA, but this vacuum is too!

It vacuums...
It dusts...
It shampoos...
It filters...
It polishes...
It buffs...
It sands...
and it even massages...
NASA helped design this SUCKA!
And it's made in the USA {so if anything...I just boosted our economy}!

 
After purchasing the vacuum that will be my lifelong mate, I check out  ConsumerReports.org
97 owners rated  the Kirby Sentria at 4.5 stars!

Here are just a few ratings that caught my eye...


So...are you a SUCKA too?!?