Getting to Know You: Beatrix Devine

by Anna of Seedling Design
 
This is a chance to get to know some of the members of HandmadeMN and a little bit more about what they make and do in their own words.
 
 
 
Today we are getting to know Shannon Devine who also goes by Beatrix Devine when it comes to her business and her art. You can find her work in her Etsy shop Beadie Vine and also on Artfire. She blogs at The Shiny Vine and lives in Winona, though she dreams of living in Kauai, Hawaii.

What do you make and why? Mostly wire and glass bead necklaces and bracelets/anklets. I think there are endless possibilities for making these so I'll never get bored and hopefully everyone who looks at my shop will find something they love.
 
Where do you do your making? 
In bed at night to relax. I have this wonderful feather bed mattress thing with the most comfortable blanket--faux fur on one side, smooth shorter fur on the other. Absolutely heaven. 

What is your favorite part of the process? When I just let the design appear, not really planning anything. It's magic sometimes. 
 
 
 
What do you listen to or watch while you are working?
I choose different shows from Netflix or Hulu. When I started out I was watching 24. Right now I'm watching Kyle XY. Just whatever is interesting that I can find.

Tell us something else that we don't know:
My goal for next summer, 2012, is to have enough money/energy/time to be able to have a booth at a craft fair. Not sure which one but right now but some nice little town in MN.  I am recovering from Chronic Lyme Disease and am not quite well enough yet to travel, and I only have about 20 items for sale. It's just something to keep me going.