Tiny Dollhouses

Several years ago I was making small (four inches tall) dolls from wood beads and tiny spools.  The basic doll design was from a kit offered by Hearthsong; I made a few changes and made dozens of these little dolls.  Of course, they wanted a house of their own, so I designed a couple of cottages from cardboard and fabric.  Here are some pictures to share with you.

Bead and spool doll with removable crochet clothing

Interior of single story dollhouse

Living room detail

Bedroom detail
Cardboard can be amazingly strong, if you use two pieces glued together, which is how this doll house was constructed.  All of the furnishing are handmade, some with simple wood blocks and popsicle sticks, or cardboard and foam.

I don't have any patterns for these little houses, but I'm currently working on a cardboard cottage for the Pocket Pixies, and I should be able to share the construction of this with you.  It is a little simpler than these dollhouses, but should offer a lot of play potential :-)

Here is a two story house.

Exterior view of two story house

Interior view
Living room detail

Bedroom detail 
A lot of fun things can be constructed of inexpensive and readily available materials.  These houses were made from shipping boxes cut up, with fabric and trim from my stash.    Maybe looking at these houses will spark an idea in you for a fun project :-)