"Me MAN...Me love power tools..."

Just had to share a little tidbit from my life...

My husband and I are trying to control our spending habits...self-inflicting a strict budget. I've always been pretty thrifty ~ I hate paying full price for anything and I'll make it myself instead of buying it if I can ~ BUT I have very expensive taste.

Anywho...there is a craft table I've been wanting for years but, again, too expensive for me.  So I googled "craft table" and I came across Ana White's webpage and boy oh boy did my to do list grow!  WOW...the things I could make (including an AWESOME craft table...if only I had...



and a Miter Saw:





If only, indeed...

So, I slowly, and carefully, started a conversation with my husband. 

Me: "Boo-bear, ummm, I want to spend some money...???"

Boo-bear: Let's out a big ole sigh and replies "What now?!?"

Me: "Well, you know how I want a new craft table and some shelves and a new dining room table and chairs and headboards for the kids and..."

Boo-bear cuts me off and does what every child does when you tell them to clean their room...rolls his eyes, shrugs his shoulders and sighs the biggest, most dramatic sigh he possibly can!

Me: "Well, I was thinking that it would be SO much cheaper in the long run if I built this stuff myself!"

Boo-bear - still silent but I think I've caught his attention because his head has perked up a little.

Me: "So...{{long pause}}...I want some tools."

Boo-bear: "What kind of tools?"

Me: "A table saw and a miter saw.  I know they are expensive but I really think I can make all this stuff and save us some mo...."

Boo-bear cuts me off again...this time he is smiling...and says: "Are you insane? (my heart sinks as I prepare myself for the worst)  Are you crazy?  Silly, silly woman....DON'T EVER THINK TO ASK ME PERMISSION TO BUY POWER TOOLS AGAIN!"

My heart is breaking...and I start to say "But......"

Boo-bear continues:  "What did I do to deserve this?  How did I get so lucky?"

Me - totally confused at this point.

Boo-bear: "Why on earth would you think I'd say NO to such a request?"

At this point he starts acting like Tarzan and pounds on his chest..."Me MAN...Me love power tools...Me want power tools...Me buy power tools...Me buy power tools for you!"

He sees the big smile on my face, takes me to Lowe's, shows me the two power tools you see above...gets me all excited...and says..."When we buy a house..."

Me...{{sigh}}..."Oh, okay..."