Minnesota Recycled

by Rita Wetzel of RitasCreationsOnETSY and AndMoreBags

The other day, as I was walking my fur-baby, I observed all of the trash containers sitting on the curbs waiting to be emptied. There were containers for waste, containers for paper and plastic, and containers for lawn and shrub clippings. Now it occurred to me that HandmadeMN members probably are extremely creative and probably have oodles of items in their Etsy shops that have been made from recycled items. Sure enough, I wasn't disappointed!!

The first shout out is going to none other than myself!! I have started to recycle old T-Shirts into OOAK (one-of-a-kind) purses and totes! Here is one of my favorites from a "Cherry Scent Car Freshener" T-shirt!


ShaggyBaggy has several bags and totes that are made from recycled burlap coffee sacks! Just take a look at this one! The colors are very striking!


Now here is another purse made from a recycled camouflage skirt by CyberFiber.


And GinghamLife repurposes old table linens and hand embroidery into one-of-a-kind aprons, clothing, and tea cozies. This apron is a 1940's style tea apron that was made from a floral print tablecloth, cotton gingham and vintage rickrack.



Are you interested in finding more recycled and repurposed items from HandmadeMN members? If so, search on HandmadeMN and then either recycle or repurpose and you will find many unique items from creative Minnesota!!