...a few of my favorite things...


Since I have cut down on snacks containing wheat, dairy, and processed sugar, I have found cherries to be one of my favorite snack foods. When I am eating them, I do not feel I am "dieting" at all. Rather, I am giving myself a treat. It must be something about being able to spit that pit over the railing. (I should check to make sure I have not planted a grove of cherry trees below my deck!) Maybe I should coin a new phrase. "When life gives you the pits, spit them over the railing." ;)

In honor of this great fruit, I chose a few of my favorite cherry items made by HandmadeMN members. Though the cherry is not our state fruit, it is one of Minnesota's favorite icons made popular by the giant Spoonbridge and Cherry sculpture at the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.

Top Row

Middle Row

Bottom Row