Coming out of the cave

Phew!  What a couple of months it's been!  I've been in what some of my other fellow writers call "the cave," where we all disappear for a while while we revise our novels.  I am so happy to announce that UNEARTHLY went into production yesterday, which means that while there may be a few little changes here and there, I am largely finished writing this book. 

Now comes the really fun stuff, seeing the cover HarperCollins comes up with and writing the acknowledgements and marketing and the part where my little Word file becomes a real book, like Pinocchio becoming a real boy.  I am beyond excited.  It seriously feels similar to how I felt when I got engaged to my husband and knew that this wonderful wedding day was looming in the future.

Oh, and for those of you who are curious, I picked photo #4.

More soon!